Wednesday 30 November 2011

November statistics


The month ends with a beautiful sunny morning but it takes longer and longer before that light hits the water at this time of year. Being clear it was also cold, perhaps not as parky as Monday but certainly down on yesterday. I don't know if it's the water temperature or the fact I set myself a goal of a December mile but I really had to push myself to swim today. Luckily after the first eight length Alfonso joined me in the water, he was only going to do six but stayed in for eight, we had a good pace and it helped the lengths go by. We saw Sue set off with an unwetsuited Ian, he managed two lengths but Sue carried on. She wasn't far ahead of us but going at quite a speed.


I still had a couple more to do to make eighteen. I managed to also get this shot of speedy Sue. The light was now over the pool, the cubicle doors looked amazing reflecting their colours into the water.


See how clear the sky is but the deep end is still in shadow, it takes ages for the sun to get over those trees.



Time for the November statistics:
In November 2011 the water temperature ranged from 13ºC to 7.5ºC
I swam a total of 446 lengths and 2 widths
Which is 44666 yards, about 25 miles or 40 Km
I did 24 seperate swims including the Serps gala
Longest single swim 22 lengths, shortest 2 widths at the gala
Scores on the doors: nine blue, four red, five green and four yellow.

Another mild month but cold enough for the sauna to make a welcome return. I'm glad to still be doing a mile in the water at this time of year and hope to do a December mile tomorrow. This week has already been much cooler and we'll see what December brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment