Wednesday 16 November 2011

Sauna time


The sauna was on! Cloudy but not too dull, it didn't look like the sun would come out today and it had been a cold night. Yesterday I'd been fine without a sauna but all I could think of today was getting out of the pool and into the warmth. It's funny how you feel the cold in your mind as much as anything else.


Tricky got in the water about hte same time as me. After a bit Alfonso arrived as well, today he got in the water about twenty yards ahead of me. It was fun chasing after him which took about six lengths. Word of the sauna must have got around, there were many familiar and less familiar faces arriving.


This is a picture of Sue, Chris and Tricky. Yes that really is Chris in the middle amongst all those bubbles. My camera lens has made the line on the bottom of the pool look curved. It would have been churlish not to use the sauna when I got out, it was empty when I went in. A few minutes later and more people came in but by then I had to leave for work, going out into the cold air was a bit of a shock and I didn't really warm up until I started cycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment