Wednesday 28 March 2012

Manta Ray


I saw this swimming in front of me this morning. The sunlight reflecting off of it made it look like an exotic ray had somehow found it's way to the lido.


From another angle it looked a lot more commen place yet almost as beautiful. Another bright sunny morning and the water felt warmer still despite the cold night.


I was early enough to swim with Michael this morning. On the way down the pool he swam freestyle, keeping an eye out for photographers lurking in the depths.


Swimming back up again he changed tactics, breaststroke give you much better sub aquatic vision. I was swimming with my camera again, it seems better again but I don't want to submerge it for too long.


I love the light reflecting around the lido, this give a good idea of what it looks like when you're actually swimming. I did a twenty two length swim today, not that quick but I stopped quite a lot for pictures.


Jonathan has no fear of the papparazzi and ploughed on by as I took a picture. He didn't seem to have a care in the world.


Next thing I knew it was backstroke down the pool. Luckily the water was almost empty because he didn't seem to mind which direction he was going.

1 comment:

  1. I like the new look blog header!!lovely under water photos too ... does that mean the camera is behaving again?! hope so!

    ReplyDelete