Thursday 15 March 2012

Channel hopping


The fog was back this morning, but the sun was strong and beginning to burn it away when I arrived at the lido. This made for the most exquisite swimming conditions, a layer of fog on the water but the sun on my back. Unfortunately my camera was playing up, it got a bit damp yesterday and had condensation inside it. For more pictures of this mornings action visit Elizabeth's blog here.
I did an eighteen length swim today and it felt fantastic. After twelve lengths Alfonso joined me, he was only going to do four but stayed for the last six. He says he's out of shape but we went at a good pace all the same, he just needs to acclimatise for a longer swim.
The talk was all about Carl's announcement that he's going to swim the channel in 2014. The man himself turned up later to get some more pactice in. We wish him all the best and hope the water isn't too warm for him. Alfonso said he'd be my support if I ever wanted to give it a shot!

2 comments:

  1. lovely shot - it was so dramatic this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture Alex - hope your camera gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete