Tuesday 4 October 2011

Autumn falls


A grey morning but still warm. The winter entrance was open today and the lido was surprisingly full, more than a dozen in the water when I arrived. It had been a bit blustery over night and the leaves have begun to fall.


Super quick Nick was pounding up and down the pool, you can see the bubbles left in his wake with each kick. The water was still 17ÂșC, a large patch of leaves had gathered at the shallow end, it's nice to swim through them and feel them scratch and tickle you as you pass.


Alfonso joined me after eight length and we swam together, when I got a little bit ahead I turned to take this picture, more leaf than Alfonso but I like it. Elizabeth was doing breaststroke still, I'll have to get a picture of her glide. Only twenty two today.

No comments:

Post a Comment