Friday 20 May 2011

Blue tits


Nothing to do with the water it's a lovely 17ÂșC. As I walked past the mid point lifeguard chair this morning I was buzzed by a blue tit which flew to one of the holes in the wall. It's a nest, you can hear the chicks and as the parents bring back more food see them craning their necks out for first pickings. I tried to catch the parents going in but they didn't like me sitting too close, as soon as I turned my back they would swoop down with more insects. Also met the super fast swimmer this morning. His name is Nick, he had just got out and was glad he didn't have to race me today,  I felt the same as I was a little tired. We both have the same competative streak when we see someone going fast. Only twenty two lengths today, Sue said I'd had a short swim but I think 2km is fair distance. I went at a leisurely pace, passing Johnathan he decided he would try and keep up with me. The first I knew of this was a splashing around my ankles, my instinct was to simply put in a few full strokes and pull away. Afterward Johnathan told me he had seen the point when I noticed him and pulled away, he was really pissed off because he was already going full speed.


No comments:

Post a Comment