Tuesday 2 October 2012

Cake & music


Another good eighteen length swim. I wore two hats for the first time this season which kept the cold at bay. After this picture I raced to catch Johnathan and Nando up. Later Nando was waiting for me and we set off on a length together, he could keep pace for about  two thirds of the way before dropping back. He would then wait for me to return and try again. There's no way I'd be able to wait the 3 minutes or so when the water is 12ºC.


Someone else keeping the cold at bay is Elizabeth. I'm not sure why she's reverted to a wetsuit but she flies along in it. Later Nick was racing her but I'm not sure who won.


We also had a musical interlude this morning courtesy of Charlotte. I didn't even ask what it is? is it a euphonium? It sounded good over the water as a little light rain began to fall.


As if that wasn't enough Kate had made another cake. An almond and chocolate cake that was very rich, squishy and delicious. Kate warned Nando not to make the slices too big. Two cakes in two days! I'll have to come here more often.

1 comment:

  1. of course Nick caught me!! however, I beat him when we were both doing back stroke! ahhhhaaaa!

    ReplyDelete