Thursday 31 March 2011

Vandals


As the weather warms up the vandals come out. For some reason known only to them they broke into the lido and tried to get into the sauna. There's considerable damage and the sauna will be off for a while until it's repaired. Elizabeth took some pictures here.
This gave me the dilema of how far to swim, the water has been great at 10ºC but I've also enjoyed a good sauna afterwards to warm through again. After the rust and last nights rain the water was soft and cloudy and felt really nice, I went on to swim twelve lengths. I skipped the shower afterwards as even a hot shower can cool you down, quickly dried and got dressed. It's difficult to get fully dry when you are cold, I felt as if I was radiating cold as I put my clothes on. I didn't really shiver and the cycle ride to work warmed most of me through apart from my feet which felt cold and clammy.

As it the end of the month it's statistics time:
In march 2011 the water temperature ranged from 3.5ºC to 10ºC
I swam a total of 258 length
Which is 25800 yards, about 14.5 miles or 23.5Km
I did 25 seperate swims
Longest single swim 18 lengths, shortest 4 lengths
Scores on the doors: eleven blue, six yellow, five green and two red

No comments:

Post a Comment