Sunday 6 February 2011

New season


The mild breeze has continued, filling the pool with leaves but also raising the water temperature. 5ºC was the given on the lifeguards notice board this Sunday morning and a good mix of week end swimmers were out to enjoy the water, being above 40ºF is the new season starting point for many. I did four lengths and feel I could have gone further which is wonderful, I'm no longer puffing through the water doing four to six strokes between breaths. I hope the milder temperature stays next week and I can begin to build a little more distance.
I don't know who the above swimmer is but he was the only person in the pool as I was getting changed, he was on his return length of two and I could see he was slowing down which is probably why he has such a deep kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment