Wednesday 19 March 2014

Empty


The pool was flat calm and empty this morning when I arrived, I guess everyone is on their way to Finland for the cold water championship. I met Richard and set off on our swim.

After six lengths Alfonso joined us and turned the pace up, he's so much quicker than me this year.

Richard could match his speed but by length fourteen I realised I had lost them, so grabbed the camera for my final four lengths.

I wish they swam a bit closer together! The water is around 8°C and despite the lack of sun felt good. Richard went on to do twenty two lengths (2km) in about 34 minutes.

Seeing as Richard has his eye on the channel and Alfonso has been training for a 14km race it's no surprise I couldn't match them. Giles got in and showed them how to really swim quickly for their last lengths.




No comments:

Post a Comment